come along to liverpool. supported by Drawing Paper and Liverpool Biennial.
The Royal Standard in collaboration with Drawing Paper and Liverpool Biennial present a one-day experimental event exploring the relationship between sound, performance and drawing. Join us as we convert the former blade factory of Camp and Furnace into a space where anyone can make drawings, watch films, interact with performances, read, eat, drink and reflect upon the work produced throughout the day. Respond to a series of 12 hourly musical and sound based performances and interventions including:
- Ian Bracken – Cello.
- Damian Johnston – Theramin.
- Volkov Commanders – Reactive and responsive sound costumes.
- Octopus Collective and Ryoko Akama – Experimental strings.
- Naomi Kendrick – Live drawing to music.
- Sohrab Uduman – Compositions using surveillance software.
- Mark Wingfield – Jazz guitarist and composer.
- Chiz Turnross – Electronic pop/soul.
- Deep Hedonia – Interactive drawing ensemble.
There will also be screenings and a presentation by Gavin Delahunty, Head of Exhibitions and Displays at Tate Liverpool.
Everyone can access paper, boards and easels, drawing materials and wall/floor space for drawing.There will also be a drawing exchange area for participants to swap or donate drawings and to consider or discuss the outcomes of experimentation with drawing.
Specially created drawing and sound devices using contact microphones attached to drawing materials will also be available.